Antrea is a Kubernetes networking solution intended to be Kubernetes native. It operates at Layer3/4 to provide networking and security services for a Kubernetes cluster, leveraging Open vSwitch as the networking data plane.
Open vSwitch is a widely adopted high-performance programmable virtual switch; Antrea leverages it to implement Pod networking and security features. For instance, Open vSwitch enables Antrea to implement Kubernetes Network Policies in a very efficient manner.
Antrea has been tested with Kubernetes clusters running version 1.16 or later.
NodeIPAMControllermust be enabled in the Kubernetes cluster.
When deploying a cluster with kubeadm the
--pod-network-cidr <cidr>option must be specified.
- Open vSwitch kernel module must be present on every Kubernetes node.
Getting started with Antrea is very simple, and takes only a few minutes. See how it's done in the Getting started document.
The Antrea community welcomes new contributors. We are waiting for your PRs!
- Before contributing, please get familiar with our Code of Conduct.
- Check out the Antrea Contributor Guide for information about setting up your development environment and our contribution workflow.
- Learn about Antrea's Architecture and design. Your feedback is more than welcome!
- Check out Open Issues.
- Join the Kubernetes Slack and look for our #antrea channel.
- Attend the project weekly meeting, every two weeks on Tuesday at 4AM GMT (9PM PDT, 6AM CET, 12PM China).
- Join our mailing lists to always stay up-to-date with Antrea development:
Also check out @ProjectAntrea on Twitter!
Antrea currently supports the following features:
- IPv4 overlay network for a Kubernetes cluster. VXLAN, Geneve, GRE, or STT can be used as the encapsulation protocol.
- Kubernetes Network Policies implementation.
- Octant UI plugin for monitoring Antrea components, which publish runtime information as CRDs.
- IPsec encyption of GRE tunnel traffic.
We are adding features very quickly to Antrea. Check out the list of features we are considering on our Roadmap page. Feel free to throw your ideas in!
Antrea is licensed under the Apache License, version 2.0