script to install arch linux very quickly. By default it will install a setup with no desktop environment but you can also install one easily by answering a question.
Approximate time for install : 2-3 minutes
Boot the Arch linux iso
Get the scripts from this repo
Launch ./install.sh from the script folder and answer the questions.
curl -L https://github.com/slayerizer/arch_installer/archive/master.zip -- output scripts.zip
pacman -Sy --noconfirm unzip
chmod +x *.sh
- EFI support
- internet connection
Virtualbox note requirement:
- make sure the VM is EFI enabled. (Settings -> System -> Enable EFI)
- custom font for install (easier for 4k laptop)
- generate real time mirror list and let you decide easily the one that you want.
- let you choose target drive
- change password
- select timezone
- add custom users + options for username, password and sudo privilege
- change locale and keyboard layout
- configure makepkg for multi-cores
- install XFCE (Optional) + detect video drivers
- Virtual Box VM
- Thinkpad T580 (install via LAN port)