You are viewing the docs for v6 of React Static. You can browse all historical versions via Github branches!
A progressive static-site generator for React.
React-Static is a fast, lightweight, and powerful framework for building static-progressive React applications and websites. It's been carefully designed to meet the highest standards of static-site performance, and user/developer experience.
⚛️100% React (and friends!)
🚀Blazing fast builds and performance.
🚚Data Agnostic. Supply your site with data from anywhere, however you want.
✂️Automatic code and data splitting!
💥Instant page views via PRPL pattern.
☔️Progressive Enhancement + Graceful Fallbacks
🥇React-first developer experience.
😌Painless project setup & migration.
💯Supports 100% of the React ecosystem. Including CSS-in-JS libraries, custom Query layers like GraphQL, and even Redux.
🔥Hot Reloadable out-of-the-box. Edit React components & styles in real-time.
📲LAN accessible dev environment for testing on other devices like phones and tablets.
Articles, Videos & Tutorials
- Videos & Tuturials
Sites Built with React-Static
- HeadlessCMS.org (source)
- StaticGen.com (source)
- Nozzle.io (source)
- Manta.life (source)
- Manticore Games
- David York - Personal Blog
- Cryptagon - Crypto Portfolio Tracker
- Typetalk - Chat App for Businesses and Teams
- Lam Hieu - Personal Website
- Elsa Salonen - Artist Portfolio
- PSD Wizard: On-demand Front-End Coding Service
- NYC Vintage Map
- Eldar Labs - Utilities and Productivity Tools
- Dan Webb - Personal Website (source)
- Intuit Turbo
- Messenger Corp. client asset ordering
- Digital Neighborhood watch service
- Carmen Marcos Art - Artist Portfolio (source)
- BlockAce - Blockchain Jobs Board
- Luke Haas - Personal Website
- KleineKoning.nl - Webshop
- blue-frontend.com - Company Website
- mmxp.com.br - MadeiraMadeira Experience
- Fullstack HQ: Web Design & Development Team in the Philippines
- Install the CLI:
$ yarn global add react-static # or $ npm install -g react-static
- Create a new project:
$ react-static create
- Pick a template! See the full list of templates
- Navigate to your new project:
$ cd my-static-site
- Start the dev server and edit some code!
$ yarn start # or react-static start
- Test a production build
$ yarn stage # or react-static build --staging $ yarn serve
- Build for production!
$ yarn build # or react-static build
Once you've installed and test driven, you may want to:
- Read about the core concepts of React Static
- Join the React Static Spectrum community!
- Familiarize yourself with the API!
- Core Concepts
- Node API
- Contributing Guide
For a list of supported plugins, view the Plugin documentation.
Templates and Guides
React Static ships with a few basic templates to you get you started quickly with
react-static create, then provides in-depth guides for further enhancement. You can check them out here!
Can't find an guide? You should write one! Here's how to get started.
Support, Community & Chat
Need some help? Have a quick question? Click here to sign up for the React-Tools spectrum community! We are constantly answering questions, discussing features and helping each other out!
Contributing, Issues & Bugs
We are always looking for people to help us grow
react-static's capabilities and examples. If you have found a bug, or have a feature request let us know!
React Static uses the MIT license. For more information on this license, click here.