Async MySQL Connector for .NET and .NET Core
Complete documentation is available at the MySqlConnector Documentation Website.
Why Use This Library?
This library implements true asynchronous I/O for database operations, without blocking (or using
Task.Run to run synchronous methods on a background thread). This greatly improves the throughput of a web server that performs database operations.
This library outperforms Connector/NET (
MySql.Data) on benchmarks:
(Client: MySqlConnector 0.34.2, Windows 10 x64; Server: MySQL Server 5.6.21, Unix)
This library fixes dozens of outstanding bugs in Connector/NET.
This library is compatible with popular .NET ORMs including:
- Dapper (GitHub, NuGet)
- NReco.Data (GitHub, NuGet)
- Paradigm ORM (GitHub, NuGet)
- ServiceStack.OrmLite (GitHub, NuGet)
- SimpleStack.Orm (GitHub, NuGet)
For Entity Framework support, use:
|Ubuntu 14.04||Windows x64||NuGet|
Install the latest .NET Core.
To build and run the tests, clone the repo and execute:
dotnet restore dotnet test tests\MySqlConnector.Tests
To run the side-by-side tests, see the instructions.
The goals of this project are:
- .NET Standard support: It must run on the full .NET Framework and all platforms supported by .NET Core.
- Async: All operations must be truly asynchronous whenever possible.
- High performance: Avoid unnecessary allocations and copies when reading data.
- Lightweight: Only the core of ADO.NET is implemented, not EF or Designer types.
- Managed: Managed code only, no native code.
- Independent: This is a clean-room reimplementation of the MySQL Protocol, not based on Connector/NET.
Cloning the full API of Connector/NET is not a goal of this project, although it will try not to be gratuitously incompatible. For common scenarios, this package should be a drop-in replacement.
This library is licensed under the MIT License.
If you'd like to contribute to MySqlConnector, please read our contributing guidelines.