Khipu: Enterprise Blockchain Platform
Khipu is an enterprise blockchain platform based on Ethereum. It is built on earlier work on Mantis by Grothendieck Team.
The major researches of Khipu so far:
- Try to execute transactions in a block as in parallel as possible. Average 80% transactions in one block could be executed in parallel currently
- Kafka based storage engine carefully designed for blockchain with high performance both on random/sequential reading and writing
- The fastest Ethereum implemention
Status - Beta Release 0.3.x
This version of the code supports
- Peer discovery
- Fast sync (download a recent state trie snapshot and all blocks, this is the default behaviour)
- Regular sync (download and execute every transaction in every block in the chain), this will be enabled once fast sync finished
- JSON RPC API
Features to be done
- Reduce disk usage
- Reduce memory usage
- CPU mining
- Execute transactions in parallel in mining
- Morden testnet and private network
- Unit tests
This version's data storage format may be changed before productional release.
During fast sync, sometimes the syncing looks like stopped with no more state nodes or blocks being downloaded. A possible reason that may be the current left handshaked peers could not respond to state nodes or blocks request any more. In case of this, try to stop khipu and restart it again.
Minimum requirements to run Khipu
- 16G RAM, 500G disk space (SSD is preferred, although HDD is okay)
Installation and Running, Building
The latest release can be downloaded from here
Running from command line:
unzip khipu-eth-x.x.x.zip cd khipu-eth-x.x.x/bin ./khipu-eth
nohup ./khipu-eth & tail -f nohup
Khipu data directory is $HOME/.khipu.eth
$ ls .khipu.eth kesque.logs keystore nodeId.keys rocksdb
Remove kesque.logs and rocksdb will level a installation with empty blockchain data, but the keystore and nodeId.keys will be kept.
Prerequisites to build
Build the client
As an alternative to downloading the client, build the client from source.
git clone https://github.com/khipu-io/khipu.git cd khipu sbt khipu-eth/dist
sbt clean khipu-eth/dist
The packaged zip file could be found at
Khipu is licensed under the MIT License (found in the LICENSE file in the root directory).