Seafile is an open source cloud storage system with privacy protection and teamwork features. Collections of files are called libraries. Each library can be synced separately. A library can also be encrypted with a user chosen password. Seafile also allows users to create groups and easily sharing files into groups.
Seafile has the following features:
- Selective sync for any folder.
- Correctly handles file conflicts based on history instead of timestamp.
- Only transfer content delta to the server. Interrupted transfers can be resumed.
- Sync with two or more servers.
- Sync with existing folders.
File sharing and collaboration
- Sharing folders between users or into groups.
- Download links with password protection
- Upload links
- Version control with configurable revision number.
- Restoring deleted files from trash, history or snapshots.
- Library encryption with a user chosen password.
- Client side encryption when using the desktop syncing.
Seafile's version control model is similar to Git, but it is simplified for automatic synchronization. Each Seafile library behaves like a Git repository. It has its own unique history, which consists of a list of commits. A commit points to the root of a file system snapshot. The snapshot consists of directories and files. Files are further divided into blocks for more efficient network transfer and storage usage. However, Seafile doesn't rely on Git to run.
Source repositories for Seafile components
Each component of Seafile has its own source code repository on Github.
- Sync client daemon (this repository): https://github.com/haiwen/seafile
- Sync client GUI: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-client
- Server core: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-server
- Server web UI: https://github.com/haiwen/seahub
- iOS app: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-iOS
- Android app: https://github.com/haiwen/seadroid
- WebDAV: https://github.com/haiwen/seafdav
Before version 6.0, the source code of "sync client daemon" and "server core" are mixed together in https://github.com/haiwen/seafile. But after 6.0 version, the server core is separated into its own repository. For this reason, the sync client daemon repository is still the "front page" for Seafile project on Github.
Build and Run
Bug and Feature Request Reports
Please only submit bugs in GitHub issues (Pro customers should contact us via Email):
- Server and Web interface (Seahub): https://github.com/haiwen/seafile/issues
- Desktop client: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-client/issues
- Android client: https://github.com/haiwen/seadroid/issues
- iOS client: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-iOS/issues
Feature requests and installation/usage problem should be asked in the forum https://forum.seafile.com/.
- Translate Seafile web ui
- Translate Seafile desktop client
- Translate Seafile Android app
- Translate Seafile iOS app
Why Open Source
Our primary goal is to build a first-class product. We think this goal can only be achieved by collaborating with the whole world.
For more informations read Contribution.
- Seafile iOS client: Apache License v2
- Seafile Android client: GPLv3
- Desktop syncing client (this repository): GPLv2
- Seafile Server core: AGPLv3
- Seahub (Seafile server Web UI): Apache License v2
Twitter: @seafile https://twitter.com/seafile