NFPM is Not FPM - a simple deb and rpm packager written in Go.
While fpm is great, for me it is a bummer that it depends on Ruby, tar and probably other software.
I wanted something that could be used as a binary and/or as a lib on go-software, so I hacked this together and it works!
- be simple to use
- provide packaging for the most common linux packaging systems (at very least deb and rpm)
- be distributed as a single binary
- reproducible results
- depend on the fewer external things as possible
- generate packages based on yaml files (maybe also json and toml?)
- be possible to use it as a lib in other go projects (namely goreleaser itself)
- support complex packages and power users
The first steps are to run
nfpm init to initialize a config file and edit the generated file according to your needs:
The next step is to run
nfpm pkg --target mypkg.deb. NFPM will guess which packager to use based on the target file extension.
And that's it!
Usage as a docker image
You can run it with docker as well:
docker run --rm \ -v $PWD:/tmp/pkg \ goreleaser/nfpm pkg --config /tmp/pkg/foo.yml --target /tmp/pkg/foo.rpm
Usage as lib
You can look at the code of nfpm itself to see how to use it as a library, or, take a look at the nfpm pipe on GoReleaser.
debpackager only compiles with go1.10+.
- both deb and rpm packaging are working but there are some missing features.
Thanks to the fpm authors for fpm, which inspires nfpm a lot.
Donations are very much appreciated! You can donate/sponsor on the main goreleaser opencollective! It's easy and will surely help the developers at least buy some
Stargazers over time
Would you like to fix something in the documentation? Feel free to open an issue.