FSNotes is modern notes manager for macOS and iOS.
- Markdown-first. Also supports any plaintext and RTF files.
- Fast and lightweight. Works smoothly with 10k+ files.
- Access anywhere. Sync with iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
- Multi-folder storage.
- Keyboard-centric. nvalt-inspired controls and shortcuts.
- Syntax highlighting within code blocks. Supports over 170 programming languages.
- In-line image support.
- Organize with tags.
- Cross-note links using
- Elastic two-pane view. Choose a vertical or horizontal layout.
- External editor support (changes seamless live sync with UI).
- Pin important notes.
- Quickly copy notes to the clipboard.
- Dark mode.
- AES-256 encryption.
- Mermaid and MathJax support.
- Optional Git versioning and backups.
- Sync via iCloud Drive.
- 3D Touch and configurable keyboard.
- TextBundle and EncryptedTextBundle containers.
- Pinned notes kept in sync with the desktop app.
- Dynamic fonts (iOS 11+).
- Night mode by location or screen brightness.
- Sharing extension.
- Encrypted note support.
FSNotes is written in Swift 5 and is open source (MIT license).