Welcome to the official Go implementation of IoTeX protocol! IoTeX is building the next generation of the decentralized network for IoT powered by scalability- and privacy-centric blockchains. Please refer to IoTeX whitepaper for details.
Currently, This repo is of alpha-quality with limited features supported and it is subjected to rapid change. Please contact us if you intend to run it in production.
System Components and Flowchart
Testnet Alpha (codename: Strive)
- TBC (Transactions, Block & Chain)
- Bech32-encoded address
- Serialization and deserialize of messages on the wire
- Merkle tree
- Actions, transfers, votes, blocks and chain
- Fast and reliable blockchain storage and query using BoltDB
- Block sync from network peers
- Basic framework for script and VM
- Account/state layer built on top of Merkle Patricia tree
- Voting and unvoting for block producer candidates
- New account-based action pool
- Efficient gossip protocol over TLS
- Broadcast & unicast semantics
- Seeding through network config
- Rate-limit requests per connection
- Peer discovery
- Large-scale simulation and load test
- Framework for plugable consensus
- Standalone and NOOP schemes
- Full implementation of FSM-based Roll-DPoS
- Roll-DPoS simulator
- Initial implementation of random beacon
- JSON RPC support
- UI Design and backend implementation of explorer
- Command line console
- libsect283 -- lightweight crypto library, with cgo binding
- libtblsmnt -- Intial BLS signature parameterization and implementation, with cgo binding
- Testing & Integration & Deployment
- Unit test coverage > 60%
- Thorough integration tests
- Dockerization of IoTeX server
- Testnet deployment of 20+ block producer delegates in production
- Action injection and address generation tools
- Enhancement of existing features, performance improvement and code refactoring
- Random beacon, roll-DPoS and voting fully integration
- Lightweight stealth address
- Cross Chain Communication (CCC)
- Fast block sync and checkpointing
- Script and VM
- Full explorer and wallet supporting Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) addresses
- SPV clients
- Seeding through IPFS and version negotiation
- Pluggable transportation framework w/ UDP + TCP support
- Peer metrics
- Unit test coverage > 70%
- e2e demo among 500-1000 peers
- Enhancement of existing features
- And much more ...
|Golang||>= 1.9.2||The Go Programming Language|
Setup Dev Environment
mkdir -p ~/go/src/github.com/iotexproject cd ~/go/src/github.com/iotexproject git clone email@example.com:iotexproject/iotex-core.git cd iotex-core
make fmt; make build
#### Setup Precommit Hook Install git hook tools from precommit hook first and then
Run Unit Tests
make run You will see log message output like:
W0416 12:52:15.652394 1576 blocksync.go:220] ====== receive tip block 116 W0416 12:52:15.653014 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 116 in 616.939µs W0416 12:52:15.653967 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 116 time = 923.364µs W0416 12:52:16.648667 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 117 in 994.656929ms W0416 12:52:16.649745 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 117 time = 1.029462ms W0416 12:52:17.648360 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 118 in 998.560518ms W0416 12:52:17.649604 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 118 time = 1.186833ms W0416 12:52:18.648309 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 119 in 998.658293ms W0416 12:52:18.649432 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 119 time = 1.075772ms W0416 12:52:19.653393 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 120 in 1.003920977s W0416 12:52:19.654698 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 120 time = 1.256924ms W0416 12:52:20.649165 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 121 in 994.424355ms W0416 12:52:20.650254 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 121 time = 1.0282ms W0416 12:52:21.653420 1576 blocksync.go:276] ------ [127.0.0.1:4689] receive block 122 in 1.00312559s W0416 12:52:21.654650 1576 blocksync.go:293] ------ commit block 122 time = 1.182673ms
Deploy w/ Docker Image
SKIP_DEP=true to skip re-installing dependencies via
Use actioninjector to inject actions
Open one terminal window and run the command below to compile and start the test chain server. (This is optional, just in case you don't have a node running).
make; make run
Open a new terminal window and start running actioninjector.
You can use command line flags to customize the injector.
-injector-config-path=path_of_config_file_of_genesis_transfer_addresses -addr=target_address_for_jrpc_connection -transfer-num=number_of_transfers -vote-num=number_of_votes -interval=sleeping_interval_in_seconds -retry-num=maximum_number_of_rpc_retries -retry-interval=sleeping_interval_between_two_consecutive_rpc_retries_in_seconds -aps=actions_to_be_injected_per_second_APS_MODE_ONLY -duration=duration_of_injector_running_in_seconds_APS_MODE_ONLY
Default flag values:
Note: APS is a running mode option which is disabled by default. When aps > 0, APS mode is enabled and the injector alternates to inject transfers and votes within the time frame specified by duration.
Use addrgen to generate addresses
Open a terminal window and run the command below to start running addrgen.
make build; ./bin/addrgen
You can use command line flag to customize the address generator.
Default flag value:
Use iotc to query the blockchain
Open a terminal window and run the command below to compile and start the test chain server with the configuration specified in "config_local_delegate.yaml" (This is optional, just in case you don't have a node running).
make; make run
Open a new terminal window and run iotc with the following command.
./bin/iotc [commands] [flags]
The following is the complete current usage of iotc. More commands will be added in the future.
Usage: iotc [command] [flags] Available Commands: balance Returns the current balance of given address details Returns the details of given account height Returns the current height of the blockchain help Help about any command self Returns this node's address transfers Returns the transfers associated with a given address Flags: -h, --help help for iotc Use "iotc [command] --help" for more information about a command.
We are glad to have contributors out of the core team; contributions, including (but not limited to) style/bug fixes, implementation of features, proposals of schemes/algorithms, and thorough documentation, are welcomed. Please refer to our contribution guideline for more information.
This project is licensed under the Apache License 2.0.