The matplotlib development calendar
Important dates in matplotlib development are managed on a Google Calendar. Use the links below to subscribe.
matplotlib enhancement proposals (MEPs)
MEPs are used to track the progress of larger changes to matplotlib that are not easily encapsulated into a single pull request.
New MEPs should be created based on the MEPTemplate.
- Discussion MEP8: Improve PEP8 compliance.
- Discussion MEP9: Add a global manager for all user interactivity with artists; make any artist resizeable, moveable, highlightable, and selectable as desired by the user.
- Progress 1.3 MEP10: Modernize documentation.
- Completed 1.3 MEP11: Improve third-party dependency resolution.
- Progress 1.3 MEP12: Reorganize example gallery and clean up examples.
- Discussion MEP13: Use python properties
- Discussion MEP14: Improve text handling
- Discussion MEP15: Fix axis autoscaling when limits are specified for one axis only
- Proposed MEP16: Constraint-based layout (continuation of #1109)
- Proposed MEP17: Interactive tweaking of plots
- Proposed MEP18: Plottable object interface
- Proposed MEP19: Improve continuous integration, nightly builds of code and docs
- Proposed MEP20: Interactive gallery/examples
- Proposed MEP21: Overhaul color handling
- Progress Mep22: Separation of user interaction from Canvas and Toolbar
- Discussion MEP23: Group several figures under the same FigureManager
- Discussion MEP24: Negative values in polar plots
- Discussion MEP25: Data Controller layer
- Discussion MEP26: Artist Style Sheet
- Progress MEP27: Backend Refactor (Gcf)
- Discussion MEP28: Don't force alpha
- Discussion MEP30: Grid population strategies
- Discussion MEP31: Dimension unit handling
Meetings and Sprints
Sub-Pages of this Wiki
Key Project Pages
- Primary Project website: http://matplotlib.org/
Current merge policy:
- So rst changes only go on v1.5.0-doc and we should manually rebuild the posted docs
- Bug fixes go on v1.5.x just in case
- Bug fixes plus style go on to v2.x
- Master is fair game for anything at this point
- And all those branches should be merged up regularly: V1.5.0-doc into v1.5.x into v2.x into master