Kotlin is a "pragmatic programming language that was designed to avoid many well-known Java Puzzlers".
This is a collection that I and many contributors have found so far.
What is a puzzler?
A puzzler is some code that doesn't work the way it seems it should work.
An ideal programming language won't have any.
The puzzlers here are presented as kts files (Kotlin Scripts), which can skip the
main() function and are compiled on-the-fly when run, thus allowing some of them to have "will not compile" option.
As is common with puzzlers, please submit yours (either pull requests or issues) and I will credit you during the next talk.
- KotlinConf 2018 in Amsterdam (video)
- KotlinConf 2017 in San Francisco (video)
- JEEConf 2017 in Kyiv
- Mobius 2017 in St Petersburg (transcription in Russian)
- JPoint 2017 in Moscow (video)
- Topconf Tallinn 2016 (slides) (video)
- Interview by JUG.ru with Andrey Breslav and Anton Keks in Russian