A cryptocurrency completely built in Nodejs.
This is a continuing project based on blockchain-in-node.
Why another repo?
Because blockchain is different from crypto!
- After building a blockchain in node, I want to build a crypto which impelement address, signatures, transactions, and broadcasting features.
- Learning to build a crypto can help us understand how to customize blockchain state to match our application needs and revealed the power of blockchain.
This is a lovely demo for
- Idea of how Blockschain, Mining, Nodes, Transaction work with each others.
- Network synchronizing with websocket
- Transactions(p2p sending)
- Wallet (calculating balance)
- secp256k1(encrypt/verify/sigital signatures),
- Mining(proof of work) and Rewards
- Dynamical difficulty
Run it on your machine
$ npm clone https://github.com/amazingandyyy/leptin.git $ npm i $ npm run dev // you will have $ [socket] listening on 5001 $ [server] listening on 3001 <!-- example to run more nodes --> $ HTTP_PORT=3002 P2P_PORT=5002 PEERS=ws://localhost:5001 npm run dev $ HTTP_PORT=3003 P2P_PORT=5003 PEERS=ws://localhost:5002,ws://localhost:5003 npm run dev
- Blockchain 101 - A Visual Demo by Anders Brownworth
- Blockchain 101 - Part 2 - Public / Private Keys and Signing by Anders Brownworth
- Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development by Rajeev Sakhuja
- Ethereum and Solidity: The Complete Developer's Guide by Stephen Grider
- Build a Blockchain and a Cryptocurrency from Scratch