gamerOS: the definitive couch gaming experience
What is it?
gamerOS is an operating system focused exclusively on a couch gaming experience. After installation, boot directly into Steam Big Picture and start playing your favorite games.
If you want Steam in your living room, you want gamerOS.
See the GitHub issues for a list of current limitations and bugs.
A list of answers to frequently asked questions is available on our FAQ wiki page.
easy to install
boot into your new gaming system within minutes
only what you need to play games and nothing more
out of the box
start gaming right away with zero configuration
always up to date
frequent updates delivering the latest drivers and software for an optimal experience
zero downtime updates
fully automatic updates that run in the background without disrupting gameplay (more info)
fully controller compatible interface with no mouse or keyboard required (but you can still use a mouse and keyboard if you really want to)
use any controller
support for Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock 4, Switch Pro, Steam controllers and more (compatibility varies by game)
play any game
out of the box support for playing NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PlayStation, Wii, Steam games and more (only Steam games are supported out of the box, support for emulators is coming soon)
- a dedicated computer (dual booting not supported)
- a wired internet connection
- 4GB or more RAM
- a single 20GB or larger storage device
- a single connected TV or monitor with a resolution of 720p, 1080p, or 2160p
- connected keyboard required for installation only
Download & Install
- download the installation iso from here
- use etcher to flash the iso file to a usb stick
- make sure you have a wired internet connection
- boot from the usb stick
- follow the installer directions
You can join our community here!
- Join the Steam group
- Follow our curator to get information on games fully tested for out of the box compatibility with gamerOS