If you like what you see, consider buying me a cup of coffee
Have you ever wished you had a no-frills, word-processing desktop app dedicated to just Google Drive? Annoyed at having to click the Go to My Drive button everytime you visit https://drive.google.com? Want a Microsoft Word-esque experience for your Google Drive? Or simply looking to separate Google Drive from the other bajillion tabs that you opened for your research paper? Look no further!
G Desktop Suite is a desktop wrapper for Google Drive built with ElectronJS. Give it a try, and if you like what you see, share it with your friends!
Dark Mode is here!
v.conscious-club/0.2.0, the app will automatically adjust to your OS's dark mode settings.
Download the latest releases for Windows, Linux, or MacOS.
For MacOS/Linux users with Homebrew
The following script will install
G Desktop Suite.app into your
brew cask install g-desktop-suite
brew cask upgrade to get the latest version of the app.
For Arch Linux and related distributions
yay -S g-desktop-suite-git
- v.0.3.0-0.3.1 // mr-finish-line
- v.0.2.0-0.2.1 // conscious-club
- v.0.1.0 // fugue-state
- v.0.0.3 // dean-town
- v.0.0.2 // funky-duck
- v.0.0.1 // aunt-leslie
Version names inspired by Vulfpeck songs. They're a great band, check them out here.
To build the app locally, clone the repository, install all dependencies, and run the available npm scripts.
git clone https://github.com/alexkim205/G-Desktop-Suite.git cd G-Desktop-Suite yarn install
$ yarn run yarn run v1.22.4 - build electron-builder -mwl -p never - build-cask ./Casks/update.sh $npm_package_version - clean concurrently "prettier './**/*.js' --write" "eslint ./**/*.js --fix" - clean-check concurrently "prettier './**/*.js' --list-different" "eslint ./**/*.js" - deploy electron-builder -mwl -p onTagOrDraft - deploy-cask cask-repair g-desktop-suite -v $npm_package_version -b - dev cross-env NODE_ENV=development electron . - pack electron-builder --dir && yarn update-cask - start electron .
To build production ready applications for macos (dmg), windows (exe), and linux (sh), run
- about-window: 'About App' window for Electron application
- electron-localshortcut: register/unregister a keyboard shortcut locally to a BrowserWindow instance, without using a Menu
- electron-window-state: Simple module that helps to save and restore size and position of Electron windows.
- file-system: Strengthen the ability of file system
- cross-env: Run scripts that set and use environment variables across platforms
- del: Delete files and directories
- electron-packager: Customize and package your Electron app with OS-specific bundles (.app, .exe, etc.) via JS or CLI
Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Google.