AarKay is a language independent code generation framework which allows you to apply data to your personal templates and generates code for you with empty placeholders for custom logics.
AarKay is installed inside your home directory -
~/AarKay/AarKayDatais the default location of all your Datafiles but if you want to commit it inside your repository then you can save your Datafiles inside -
~/AarKay/AarKayTemplates/AarKayis the default location of all your Templatefiles.
~/AarKay/AarKayFileis the default location of all your Plugins.
AarKay generates the code file inside your home directory
~/; followed by the path of your Datafile inside
- Datafile at
~/AarKay/AarKayData/File.Template.ymlwill generate the code file at
- Datafile at
~/AarKay/AarKayData/Documents/File.Template.ymlwill generate the code file at
AarKay allows you to generate code from templates, encouraging best coding practices.
- Focus on architecture and design rather than writing code.
- Enforces same architecture and coding style across large teams and projects
- Automatic generated code means less error-prone code
- Helps save time during code review
- Helps getting bird's eye view of a large project
- Binary form
Download the latest release with the prebuilt binary from release tab. Unzip the archive into the desired destination and run
brew install rahulkatariya/formulae/aarkay
There are plenty of tutorials for different uses of AarKay:
- AarKay - A code generation framework for all languages
- How I manage my tmuxinator files using aarkay
- Framework Oriented Programming In Swift
- Swift Networking Code Generation using AarKay
Plugins allows you to
- Modify Datafile data before it is applied to the Template
- Modify Generatedfile name and specify subdirectory
- Generates multiple files of any type with the same data
Issues and Pull Requests are welcome!