A repository to learn about open source code contributions flow
How to contribute
🌟Star this repository ☝️ 😉.
- Fork this repo, read how to fork repo
- Clone the project to your local machine
git clone https://github.com/this-is-you/devc-casa-hacktoberfest.git #where this-is-you is your GitHub username
- Create branch with your firstName and lastName, ex:
youssouf_elazizi. Never use the
masterbranch to create PR.
git checkout -b <branch-name> # <branch-name> : ex youssouf_elazizi
- Add your first file
youssouf_elazizi.yml) on the
contributors/directory in that branch.
- Add code with your infos, ex:
firstName: Youssouf lastName: El Azizi bio: Full-stack web developer at Obytes github: yjose
- Make sure you changes works as expected :
npm run start
- Your site is now running at
- Check the site and Make sure your name and profile avatar is on the list.
- Commit changes and push
git add <path-to-the-yaml-file> #Now commit those changes using the git commit command: git commit -m "Add <your-name> to Contributors list" #replacing <your-name> with your name. #push git push origin <branch-name>
- Create Pull-Request to
masterbranch in this repository, read how creating PR
- Have fun and welcome to open source world.