Welcome to the FamiStudio GitHub page
This is the GitHub page of FamiStudio, which is intended for people wanting to view/download the source code or report bug fixes.
For any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All releases are available in the Releases section. If you are on Windows, simply download and run the .MSI installer and a shortcut to FamiStudio will be placed in your Start menu.
The tools needed to compile are:
- Visual Studio 2017 on Windows
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac, on MacOS
- MonoDevelop on Linux, I use 7.8.4 (build 2) (the Linux version is not usable, but it should compile, launch and play a song)
FamiStudio is composed of a few projects:
- The main FamiStudio application is written in C#.
- NesSndEmu & NotSoFatso are C++ DLLs and are provided as binaries since they rarely change. In you plan to recompile them, you will need to install C++ support in Visual Studio. On MacOS and Linux, there is a small build shell script included.
- The Setup project (Windows-only) is built using the "Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Projects" extension which can be installed from Visual Studio in the "Extensions and Updates" menu.
The C# application is built on top of SharpDX 4.2.0 on Windows and OpenTK on Mac/Linux. Visual Studio will install the required packages automatically when building the project. To manually fetch the packages, run
msbuild /t:Restore on the project from the Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt.
Issues and Contributing
Please open issues contact me if you find bugs or have feature suggestion ideas. You can find me:
- Shiru for the FamiTone2 library and the demo songs that are included (After the Rain and Danger Streets)
- Blargg for Nes_Snd_Emu and the underlying Blip_Buffer. Also for it's Smooth Vibrato tech.
- RainWarrior for NSFImport and other tools.
- Mitsutaka Okazaki For emu2413 and emu2149 which are used for VRC7 and Sunsoft 5B emulation.