Small exploit to stream music from the spotify library using your terminal.
The script will look up for the most relevant result following a set of keywords.
Ideally you should specify the complete track info ( $artist - $title ) for more accurate results.
No sign up nor premium subscriptions are required.
Queue up any track/album/playlist from the spotify library.
- Type a song title or artist name for a quick search.
- Add prefix
Playlistfor respective results.
- You can direcly input a playlist URL.
- Spotify client must be running. (cf. below on how to hide it).
Notes and tricks :
- This script doesn't include a client manager
I suggest you use SP (https://gist.github.com/wandernauta/6800547) for this matter.
- you can explore playlists by adding the prefix
some, this will return
a playlist related to your input, this option offers more flexibility to your search
as you can use it to look up for artists,tags,albums without restrictions.
it's also a good way to get music recommendations.
acronyms are valid for most cases:
play some PFwill queue up a Pink Floyd playlist
play some NMHwill queue up a Neutral milk hotel playlist
- To hide the Spotify GUI you can try out these commands. (will work better on a WM)
xdotool search --name spotify windowunmap
wmctrl -r "spotify" -b toggle,hidden
- Some songs may not start due to country restrictions.
git clone https://github.com/BelkaDev/mustream ~/mustream && cd ~/mustream chmod +x play move script to your $PATH