A command line tool for developing React Native apps
Haul is a drop-in replacement for
react-native CLI built on open tools like Webpack. It can act as a development server or bundle your React Native app for production.
- Replaces React Native packager to bundle your app
- Access to full webpack ecosystem, using additonal loaders and plugins is simple
- Doesn't need watchman, symlinks work nicely
- Helpful and easy to understand error messages
Start by adding Haul as a dependency to your React Native project (use
react-native init MyProject to create one if you don't have a project):
yarn add --dev haul-cli
To configure your project to use haul, run the following:
yarn run haul init
This will automatically add the configuration needed to make Haul work with your app, e.g. add
webpack.haul.js to your project, which you can customise to add more functionality.
Next, you're ready to start the development server:
yarn run haul start -- --platform ios
Finally, reload your app to update the bundle or run your app just like you normally would:
Check out the docs to learn more about available commands and tips on customizing the webpack configuration.
Haul uses a completely different architecture from React Native packager, which means there are some things which don't work quite the same.
We are actively working on adding support for the following:
- Developer menu -> Start systrace
The following features are unlikely to be supported in the future:
- Developer menu -> Enable Hot Reloading: use
- Haste module system: use something like babel-plugin-module-resolver instead
- Transpile files under
node_modules: transpile your modules before publishing, or configure webpack not to ignore them