A FUSE filesystem and dungeon crawling adventure game engine.
make deps make
mount command is used to mount the FUSE filesystem. It can be used to mount as a background process with the following:
bin/dungeonfs mount <mountpoint> -d
Since this is running in the background it must be unmounted using the
bin/dungeonfs unmount <mountpoint>
- Sound effects possible via aplay
- NPCs files
mvin creative ways to buy/sell or steal
- NPC/enemy health and other attributes can be determined via file attributes like filesize
- Disambiguate between folder name and traverse (e.g. folder is 'north' but room name is unique to the room)
.inventory/mapthat can allow the player to view the map.
- Directions not made explicit can be enabled by converting the name to a number and then mod that number by the number of directions desired for the map (e.g. 4 for basic cardinal directions north,south,east,west)
- Level editor using something like termbox. Could also be used to make animations that run when doing certain actions (e.g. looting a chest).
- Expose go stdlib to scripting language: fmt, strings, sync, time, etc
- Add some builtins for scripting language:
- A simple global lock that must be acquired by the fs methods
- Shell script that can be sourced that provides the recommended settings for commands like
lsand global variables like
$EXIT(or possible a function) that helps to exit the file system. This would have to be run with